Wolves have been cleared of breaking any rules regarding third-party involvement following a Football League investigation into their link-up with Jorge Mendes.
Last month, Championship clubs raised a complaint over the relationship between Mendes and Wolves owners Fosun, who have a subsidiary company that has a stake in Mendes Gestifute agency.
The super-agent has a number of clients at Molineux, including head coach Nuno Espirito Santo and players Ruben Neves, Diogo Jota and Helder Costa, all of whom have joined the club since Fosun took over in 2016.
Wolves, who were crowned Championship winners with a 4-0 win over Bolton Wanderers last Saturday, have always denied Mendes holds an official position at the club, which would be in breach of third-party regulat…
Valencia have agreed a deal in principle to complete the permanent signing of Denis Cheryshev from LaLiga rivals Villarreal.
Cheryshev, 28, spent last season on loan at Valencia and will return to the club pending the finalisation of personal terms.
The Russia international made 23 starts in all competitions during his second short-term stay at Mestalla, notching four goals.
Copa del Rey winners Valencia will reportedly pay less than the €7million that is said to have been the initial asking price for an outright purchase.
Campeones de Copa! Amunt Valencia! Afición os merecéis esto más que nadie! VAMOOOOOOS!
— Denis Cheryshev (@Cheryshev)
Cheryshev s impending move brings an end to a disappointing stint at Villarreal for the form…
Borussia Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Burki has described playing against Real Madrid in the Champions League as a dream come true , but hopes his in-form side can pick up a positive result.
The Switzerland international has established himself as Dortmund s first choice since joining the club from Freiburg in 2015, and kept a clean sheet in their group stage opener against Legia Warsaw, a 6-0 win for Thomas Tuchel s side.
While Burki is looking forward to facing 11-time European champions Madrid, he is confident the Bundesliga outfit are up to the test.
We are full of confidence after the recent games, he told a news conference. We have scored a lot and not allowed in many goals.
Playing against Real Madrid in the Champions League and doing so for Borussi…
Napoli legend Diego Maradona has refused to solely blame Gonzalo Higuain for his decision to leave the Stadio San Paolo side for rivals Juventus.
Higuain enjoyed a stellar 2015-16 campaign to guide Napoli to second place in the table, but then opted to join Juventus in a deal worth €90million.
The Argentina international has been heavily criticised for his transfer, but Maradona feels Higuain is by no means the only one to blame for what happened.
As a Napoli fan, I really hated it to see Gonzalo join a direct rival like Juventus, Maradona told L Espresso.
But we cannot only blame the player for what happened. Of course, the player has to take responsibility and this would perhaps not have happened in my days, but the ones doing the business are the o…
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting s 93rd-minute penalty earned Roberto Di Matteo s Schalke an incredible 4-3 win over Sporting Lisbon.
Choupo-Moting was the beneficiary of a questionable decision from referee Sergey Karasev, who felt Jonathan Silva handled the ball in his penalty area.
And the Cameroon forward held his nerve, slotting home the stoppage time spot-kick to give Schalke all three points in an incredible UEFA Champions League match on Tuesday.
Sporting took a 16th-minute lead through Nani, but Patricio s second yellow card given 17 minutes later after he barged into Marco Hoger swung the match in Schalke s favour.
Chinedu Obasi first levelled proceedings, and further goals from Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Benedikt Howedes after the break gave Schalke a see…
Impressive Haiti could still qualify for the CONCACAF Gold Cup quarter-finals and should take plenty of confidence into their final group game against Honduras.
Despite sitting last in Group A heading into the final round of group fixtures, Haiti could still finish second and qualify automatically for the last eight and, based on their form, that outcome deserves to be rated at least a 50-50 prospect.
Haiti fought back to draw 1-1 with 2013 Gold Cup finalists Panama in their opening match and they were perhaps unlucky to lose 1-0 to hosts and reigning champions United States on Friday.
Marc Collat s Haiti dominated the highly fancied home side, finishing the game with 15 shots to five, although USA skipper Clint Dempsey secured victory with a second-half strike.<…
Thomas Tuchel suggested Borussia Dortmund deserved better than a goalless draw with rivals Schalke on Saturday.
Tuchel s men are now four league games without victory, representing their worst run since the 43-year-old took charge in June 2015.
The failure of Mario Gotze and Christian Pulisic to convert late chances means Dortmund find themselves eight points behind league leaders Bayern Munich after just nine games.
But Tuchel was encouraged by the performance and said Dortmund deserved more from the game.
We were closer to winning the game than Schalke. We made a lot of unforced errors in the 1st half and struggled to find a rhythm, he told DW Sports.
But in the second half, we were more structured and clearly the better team.
…
Market: Celta Vigo win
Odds: 5/6 @
Smelling the chance to extend on their unbeaten La Liga run on Monday night, Celta Vigo will welcome a struggling Mallorca to Balaidos.
Starting with the hosts, mounting a stunning last-gasp comeback away at Sevilla as they eventually snatched a 2-2 draw last week, Celta Vigo have continued to impress many on either side of March s international break. Heading into the fortnight interval with a stellar 3-1 romp away at relegation scrappers Espanyol, Carlos Carvalhal s men now have their sights firmly set on clinching a top-half finish in 2023. Suffering just a single defeat in any of their previous 10 straight domestic appearances, the former Sheffield Wednesday boss should be smelling the chance for his side to make another La…
Real Madrid are interested in signing Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount in the summer transfer window, according to . The report has claimed that if defending La Liga and UEFA Champions League winners Madrid are unable to bring Mount to the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the season, then they will try to secure the services of the England international midfielder on a free transfer in the summer of 2024.
Mount has made 20 starts and four substitute appearances in the Premier League for Chelsea so far this season, scoring three goals and providing two assists in the process. The 24-year-old has also made five starts and three substitute appearances in the IEFA Champions League for the Blues so far this campaign, providing one assist in the process.
Madrid are second in the…
Asmir Begovic insisted his only concern at this point is success with current club Stoke, despite reported interest from Manchester United.
The Bosnian international moved to the Britannia Stadium in January 2010 from Portsmouth in a deal worth 3.25 million pounds, and has since displaced Thomas Sorensen as the club s first-choice custodian.
But his impressive performances have reportedly attracted admiring glances from the Premier League leaders, while the January signing of Jack Butland suggests boss Tony Pulis is planning for life after him.
Despite the speculation, however, the 25-year-old insisted he is focused solely on performing at the highest level for his present employers.
I have no time to think about this. My only concern is Stoke City as I …